Monday, April 20, 2009

Shrimp & Shallots Over Spaghetti


This recipe I got from the packaging of Trader Joe's shallots. The result was very yummy. I bought some Chinese long beans from the South Pasadena Farmer's Market last Thursday and sautéed that on the side. We were gifted a mini deep fryer so I took it for a test drive with ready-made pork and shrimp mini spring rolls. The rolls actually came out less oily than they would've if I had fried them up in a pan. I can't wait to try more stuff in the fryer!

  • 1 lb shrimp (peeled & cleaned)
  • 4 shallots, chopped fine
  • 1/4 lb melted butter
  • 1/8 cup oliver oil
  • 3 cloves chopped garlic
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (substituted w/ cilantro)
  • 1 lb linguini (substituted w/ spaghettini)

Mix melted butter, olive oil, shallots, garlic, pepper, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl. Toss shrimp into mixture. (I also added a 1/3 bag of Trader Joe's langostino lobsters.) Heat skillet on medium. Pour shrimp mixture into skillet and sauté until shrimp turns pink in color. Serve over noodles.

No comments: