Thursday, July 30, 2009

Linguini & Eggs


Asians add eggs to just about every dish conceivable, so it didn't seem unusual to me when I heard about this one. The program was called "Best Thing I Ever Ate", which featured favorite dishes of some of Food Network's celebrities, and this episode happened to be on breakfasts. One of the dishes was a breakfast pasta, which included linguini, olive oil, parmesan cheese, and scrambled eggs. Basically, you take cooked pasta (I only had capellini on hand at the time), add it to the pan with olive oil, pour uncooked scrambled egg over it, throw in lots of garlic and some parmesan cheese (and don't forget salt), toss it around for a few minutes and you're done!

I tried it for lunch today and it's very tasty! I made it a bit on the crispier side as a personal preference, and somehow forgot the parmesan cheese. I'm so excited and can't wait to make it again soon with the parmesan. Now just because there are eggs in it doesn't necessarily make this dish a breakfast item...it's good for any meal of the day.

* This picture was taken on August 4, when I made it again for dinner, this time with the parmesan and shrimp added. Also, see Linguini & Eggs update posted 8/30.

No comments: