Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pot Roast Tacos

We still had some of the pot roast left over from last week, so I thought it'd be a good idea to make tacos out of it. I thought we had taco seasonings and discovered we didn't, so I had to improvise with what we had on in the pantry. I added 1/8 tbsp of cayenne and chili powder and 1/4 tbsp of cumin powder, smoked paprika, and chopped cilantro to the roast and the rest of the broth, and simmered the meat for about 45 minutes, adding chicken broth so it doesn't boil down too far and pulling the meat as it tenderized. The broth should boil down enough to just cover the meat. We made the tacos with flour tortillas, added shredded cheese, fresh chopped cilantro and Jack's Special Salsa. I was surprised how good it turned out. Ken liked it so much he ate the rest.

No comments: