Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hamburger w/ a Twist

I bought some herb chevre cheese because I've never had it and was curious as to what it tastes like. Unfortunately, it's not my favorite to eat for a snack. Since there's still quite a bit left (even for a small tube), I wanted to use the rest and thought it'd be interesting to incorporate it into a burger. I cut about 1 tbsp of it and mixed it with about the same amount of chopped scallions, then stuffed it in between ground beef that I've added about 1 tsp of olive oil and balsamic vinegar to. Although I added some garlic salt to the ground meat, it could've used more. To top it off, I cut a piece of a herb foccacia bread the same size as the patty and lightly grilled it with garlic butter. It was different but tasty nonetheless. The chevre worked really well this way.

No comments: