Sunday, September 26, 2010

Flap Meat w/ Chimichurri Sauce

I got the idea for serving chimichurri sauce with flap meat from dining at Gaucho Grill. Their version uses skirt steak. Once gain, I found the recipe from the Food Network. It wasn't the same, though still very tasty. I would add less parsley next time, as the flavor seems to be overpowering. On the side were slices of zucchini and yellow squashes, and super thin slices of sweet potato.

I got this crazy idea to throw the stove-top grill into the oven to cook the squash and meat, since the potato chips were also being baked in the oven, which made this an oven-cooked meal. The only part that had some trouble was the grill not entirely fitting into the oven, so I alternated between bake and broil. The potato went in first for about 10 minutes, then the squash were added with the door partially open for about 5 minutes, then finally the meat on the broil setting for about 10 minutes.

The meat and squash were removed first. While the meat rested, the potato continued to bake and I prepared the chimichurri sauce. Once the sauce was done, the meat was sliced thinly before serving. Yum, yum, yum!

No comments: