Saturday, February 14, 2009

Anniversary Dinner

Ken took us to Raymond Restaurant last night to celebrate our first year together. The meal was so fabulous that I had to write about it even though I didn't cook it. For starters, we had Crispy Maple Pork Belly and the best Froi Gras I've ever had, and had a total out-of-body experience which I call foodgasm. For our main course, Ken had Buttered Salmon and I had lamb two ways: a braise shank with couscous in a Moroccan sauce and roast lamb rack with this amazing potato emulsion. To finish this indulgence, Ken had a Brownie Sundae and I had the Creme Brulee, which usually is the best I've ever had but the brulee turned out too thick and overpowered the rest of the dish. Nevertheless, it was an amazing experience and we had a fabulous time!

No comments: