Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Creme Fraiche Sauce


While poking around Trader Joe's for dinner ideas, I discovered that I could use creme fraiche as a topping for the hazelnut-crusted salmon I planned to serve. A suggested idea as a seafood topping was to combine it with fresh herbs and lemon juice, but since I forgot the herbs after the fact, I had to improvise and made a white wine reduction instead. I added about 2 teaspoons of the creme to 1 cup of reduced white wine, seasoned it with some salt and a few drops of lemon juice, and a sliver of unsalted butter just to round out the flavor. Dad had given us some chayote (pictured above) the day before so I grated one up with some garlic. The tricky part about the chayote was to make sure to add plenty of water and let it cook until tender.

1 comment:

anny said...

I'm not sure you needed the extra butter for rounding out the flavor because you were already using creme fraiche; cream in different forms.