Thursday, February 19, 2009

Briased Beef Short Ribs


I couldn't help but pick up these beautiful short ribs and the only thing I knew to do with them was to braise them so I combined a few recipes from trusty-ol' Food Network. A few months ago, we had lunch with some friends at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland and I ordered this fantastically rich beef ribs. The particular recipe was not similar, especially since I didn't cook them long enough and probably didn't cook them correctly. Since I braised them in red wine, I used some of the leftover wine to make a sauce with creme fraiche. At first, I tried to make gravy with the drippings but it turned into this congealed blob...definitely not at all appetizing. Ken liked the sauce, although it was too salty for me. The healthy parts of this meal were the green beans and brown rice. Ken liked the brown rice so that's what we're having from now on!

No comments: