Sunday, August 2, 2009

La Jolla

We were down in La Jolla this weekend and ate at this yummy (and spendy) place, called the Whisk & Laddle. We had actually eaten here once before with my parents and sister, so when Ken told me we were headed to La Jolla, I couldn't wait to eat there again. Like before, we shared a charcuterie plate, which included 3 different types of salamis, 3 artisan cheeses, tampanade, whole-seed mustard sauce, seasoned almonds, cornichons, and the most delicious vine-ripened raisins. I had the mussels in a white wine broth with a fries, and Ken had a shrimp pesto pasta. That broth was so dangerouly good that I asked for extra bread to sop it all up. Honestly, I would've just picked it up and drank the whole thing, but that would've been uncouth and overkill.

I also had breakfast with a college friend and unfortunately, I forgot the name of the place. It was a cute little cottage in a fantastic location, nicely situated across the street from the ocean, so we had a great view of the cove where these people were SCUBA diving and snorkeling. We both had iced lattes and the lump crab Ipanema (Benedicts style with a chili sauce rather than Hollandaise). Funny thing was that, my eggs turned out runny--the way I liked them--and Tracy's turned out more cooked--the way she liked them. What are the chances?

No comments: